Seminar on Coding and Cryptography
|Language of instruction||English|
|Position within curricula||See TUMonline|
- 20.04.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
- 27.04.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
- 04.05.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
- 11.05.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
- 25.05.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
- 01.06.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
- 15.06.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
- 22.06.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
- 29.06.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
- 06.07.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
- 13.07.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
- 20.07.2023 15:00-17:15 N2407, Seminarraum
By participating in this course, the students obtain knowledge about recent developments in research of coding theory/channel coding and cryptography. After successful completion, the students are able to familiarize with a scientific topic and summarize its core aspects. They can write scientific articles with appropriate structure and can present the core aspects in a short talk. Students have developed a general understanding of doing research and to contribute to a scientific discussion.
This seminar deals with current research developments in the area of coding theory, channel coding and cryptography. The explicit topic is chosen by each student from a list of offered topics that is updated every semester. Each participants summarizes results, gives a scientific presentation and participates in a scientific discussion.
- Basic concepts of linear algebra - Lecture "Channel Coding" recommended - Optional: lectures "Security in Communications and Storage", "Coding Theory for Storage and Networks"
Teaching and learning methods
Each student obtains supervision by a scientific employee who introduces the student to scientific literature research and guides the student with writing the report. An introductory lecture presents basic concepts of scientific talks.
- Written thesis about results (30%) - 20 minute oral presentation about given topic & results plus 10 minutes discussion (50%) - own contributions in discussion (20%)
The "Seminar on Coding and Cryptography" is organized and held together with "Seminar on Digital Communications" and "Seminar on Optical Communications".
You can find the list of open topics at Seminar Topics.