Seminar in Summer Semester 2023
Theme: Key Enablers for 6G Communication Networks
The fifth generation of mobile communication networks (5G) has already begun to be deployed around the globe since 2020, providing lower latency and higher data rates, and therefore, potentially unlocking machine-to-machine sensing and communication. However, the concepts in 5G do not fulfill the requirements of emerging applications regarding the combination of latency, throughput, reliability, flexibility, etc. Thus, research is currently focusing on the development of the next generation (6G), which is supposed to be market-ready by 2030.
In 6G, the vision is to provide a human-centered communication platform that connects physical, digital and human worlds, extending human capabilities; going even beyond what has been achieved today by expanding the capacity and speed and to enable new applications. Real-time digital twins and telepresence, autonomous networks and vehicles, personal body-area networks, enhanced sustainability and more precise control on medical equipment are a few exemplary use-cases among many.
In order to reach those milestones, the integration of six key technologies is considered and focused on:
- AI/ML-based networking systems
- New spectrum technologies such as terahertz spectrum and LiFi
- Network as a multi-sensor
- (Automated) network adaption
- Massive connectivity and sustainable communication
- Trust, security and privacy
In this seminar, the goal is to learn how to study, present and write scientific reports while getting a better understanding of the objectives, challenges, key enablers, and current state-of-the-art methods of next-gen communication networks.
- This Seminar is only for MSEI Students.
- The Kick-off presentation will take place on 17.04.2023 at 13:15.
- Attention: This semester the seminar topics will be allocated during the Kick-Off following first-come-first-serve policy. If you would like to participate, please register in TUMonline and send an email to Nicolai Kröger (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Achtung: In diesem Semester werden die Seminarthemen während des Kick-Offs nach dem Windhundverfahren vergeben. Wenn Sie teilnehmen möchten, registrieren Sie sich bitte in TUMonline und senden Sie eine E-Mail an Nicolai Kröger (email@example.com).
Communication Networks Scientific Seminar
|Language of instruction||German|
|Position within curricula||See TUMonline|
- 17.04.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
- 24.04.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
- 05.05.2023 15:00-16:30 0406, Seminarraum
- 08.05.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
- 15.05.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
- 22.05.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
- 02.06.2023 15:00-16:30 0406, Seminarraum
- 05.06.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
- 12.06.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
- 19.06.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
- 26.06.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
- 03.07.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
- 10.07.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
- 17.07.2023 13:15-14:45 0406, Seminarraum
Note: The exact seminar topics will be announced and allocated during the kick-off meeting. Hence, for the participants it is mandatory to take part in the kick-off. For the specific time and date please refer to our chair's page: https://www.ei.tum.de/en/lkn/teaching/seminars/communication-networks-seminar/ Registration on TUM Online is required. Note: Presentation and writing could be done in English as the materials are in English as well.