Prof. Aaron Ding
Prof. Aaron Ding is working with Prof. Jörg Ott at BMW endowed Chair of Connected Mobility since 2016 with over 15 years of R&D across EU, UK and USA. He obtained his undergrad MSc and PhD all with distinctions from the University of Helsinki (Linux Birthplace). His PhD was supervised by Prof. Sasu Tarkoma and Prof. Jon Crowcroft at Cambridge. As funded by Nokia Foundation, vital part of his PhD was completed at University of Cambridge and Columbia University in New York.
Prof. Ding is the founder of ACM EdgeSys, Associate Editor for ACM Transactions on Internet of Things (TIOT) and IEEE OJ-ITS, Board of IEEE ComSoc YP (04.2016-04.2018) and Executive Committee of IEEE Finland (01.2014-12.2015). He has served on the IETF NomCom, responsible for nominating and selecting IETF leadership. He is also the co-founder of FCN workshop, striving to strengthen collaborations between top European and Chinese universities, including Cambridge, London, Munich, Helsinki, Tsinghua, Peking & Fudan.
Prof. Ding is currently leading the Cyber-Physical Intelligence (CPI) Lab as a tenured Associate Professor at TU Delft and Associate Professor in Computer Science at University of Helsinki. His research focuses on edge computing, edge AI, and data-driven IoT services. For contributions to mobile edge computing, his work has received best paper awards and recognitions from ACM SIGCOMM, ACM EdgeSys, ACM SenSys CCIoT, and IEEE INFOCOM. Prof. Ding is awarded Staff Member of the Year in Computer Science at University of Helsinki. He is a two-time recipient of esteemed Nokia Foundation Scholarships*.
* Nokia Foundation Scholarship can be granted at most 2 times to the same person
- Appointed Associate Professo of Edge AI @ TU Delft - EU Engineering #1 | Global Top 10 in Engineering
- Invited talk at University of Cambridge
- Life at TUM Connected Mobility Lab
- Technical University of Munich, Munich, DE
- 2016 - present
- Project Lead, Postdoc, Habitation Fellow
- University of Helsinki, Helsinki, FI
- 2007 - present
- Associate Professor, Researcher
- Columbia University, New York, USA
- University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
"The Principle of Science" -- Richard Feynman
"Juggling" in my academic family @ Cambridge
- Email: aaron.ding [at] tum.de
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever" -- Mahatma Gandhi
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" -- Winston Churchill