Doctoral Researcher: since October 2018 at Coding and Cryptography (COD).
German Language Course: from 01.06.2018 till 28.09.2018, B1.1 Certificate of Completion.
Postgraduate School: 1/8/2013- 15/03/2015 Master of Engineering ME, Telecommunication Networks, University of Technology, Sydney (UTS)/ School of Engineering and Information Technology. HD (High Distinction) with GPA 3.7 out of 4.
English Language Course: AE5 English Certificate with Distinction ( Equivalent Academic ILES 6.5 overall ) , 31.12.2012 - 21.06.2013 , INSEARCH Institution / UTS / Australia .
Undergraduate University: 2003-2008 BSc in Information and Communication Engineering (5 years with Honor) from University of Baghdad/Al Khwarizmi Engineering College. Ranke 2 among class of 27 students with average 73.6%. The first 2 years was in Electrical Engineering Department , Faculty of Engineering, University of Kufa.
Coding theory was invented in the forties to protect data transmitted through a noisy communication channel. Important families of codes have been adopted in major standards in communications, such as convolutional code (GSM), Turbo code (3G, 4G), LDPC code (Wifi), and Polar code (5G). Apart from communications, the theory has also found its vast success in numerous important areas in the fields of computer science and electrical engineerings such as data storage, memory and cache, cryptography, private information retrieval, and distributed computing.
- Codes for Communication and Storage.
- Insertion and Deletion Codes.
- Partially Stuck-at Memory Cells.
- LTE-Advanced (5G) and Mobile Networks (RRM and MIMO).
- Wireless Communication.
- Design and Monitor Networks.
- Network Coding.
Honors and Awards
- German Language course from 01.06.2018 till 28.09.2018 : B1.1 level Certificate of Completion from Carl Duisberg Training Center Munich
- Merit Reward: The best student in the class in English Language Institution (UTS: INSEARCH) Signed by David Larbalestier: Director of Studies, March 2013
Best Examination Result among all classes with grade B+ (Distinction).
- Certificate of Recognition University of Kufa - President of the University, April 2011.
- Award of High Level Postgraduate Advanced Course in Aerospace Engineering by SAPIENZA University of Roma Selection Committee (Prof. Fillippo Graziani, Prof. Paolo Teofilatto, Prof. Fabio Curti, Dr. Chantal Cappelletti) 2012.
- Nomination for "Memorable Award Paper" Prize in the in the 14th Non-Volatile Memories Workshop (NVMW'23) held by the University of California, San Diego for the extended abstract “Trading Partially Stuck Cells with Errors” (see conferences publication list).
Workshops, Talks and Summer schools
- Talk at CSL, University of California Los Angeles, USA, August 2023.
2023 IEEE European School of Information Theory (ESIT 2023), summer school in University of Bristol, 16-21 July 2023, The United Kingdom.
- Next Generation Wireless Networks, University of Kufa, Iraq, May 2023.
- Combinatorics in Digital Communication, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, April 2023.
- 2023 Joint DIP & Ollendorff-Minerva Center (OMC) Workshop on Cognitive Cloud Communications Networks, 16-17 March 2023.
- TUM ICE Workshop Raitenhaslach 1-3 August 2022.
- 2022 IEEE European School of Information Theory (ESIT 2022), summer school in TU Vienna, 4-8 July 2022, Austria.
- MWCC 2022 Munich Workshop on Coding and Cryptography, Germany.
- COCO 2021 Workshop on Coding, Cooperation, and Security in Modern Communication Networks 2021, Germany
- COCO2020 Workshop on Coding, Cooperation, and Security in Modern Communication Networks 2020, Germany
- DLR-MIT-TUM Workshop on Coding and Random Access
- COCO 2019 Workshop on Coding, Cooperation, and Security in Modern Communication Networks 2019, Germany
- MSC 2019 Munich Doctoral Seminar on Communications 2019, Germany
- MWCC 2019 Munich Workshop on Coding and Cryptography 2019, Germany
- JWCC 2019 19th Joint Workshop on Communications and Coding.
- DLR workshop 2018
- MIO workshop 2018
- Fulbright Workshop, 13-14- April 2011.
- DAAD Workshop, 3-4 April 2011.
- Certificate of Attendance of the workshop “Writing Scientific Paper”,March 2019.
- B1.1 German Course Completion Letter, September 2018.
- Alcatel-Lucent SAM Fundamentals Alcatel-Lucent September 2013.
- CCNA Cisco ID: CSCO11773718 Cisco May 2010 to May 2013.
- AE5 English Certificate with Distinction ( Equivalent Academic ILES 6.5 overall ), 31.12.2012 - 21.06.2013.
- CCNA1 Instructor, Instructor ID:7372858 Cisco Networking Academy – Armenia (cisco.academy.am) March 2012.
- IC3 (Internet and Computing Core Certification) Certiport - A Pearson VUE Business December 2011.
- Certificate of Attendance of Fulbright workshop 13-14 April 2011.
- Certificate of Attendance of DAAD workshop 4-5 April 2011.
- Driver License Al Najaf Al Ashraf Directorate of Traffic License IQDL00262359.
Work History - Positions
- Network Engineer, Senior Network and Telecommunication Engineer in ITRDC/ University of Kufa 2008-2014 (http://www.uokufa.edu.iq/).
- CCNA Instructor/ IC3 lecturer since 2012 ITRDC/University of Kufa.
- Assistant Chief Engineer - Network and Telecommunication, ECE department/faculty of Engineering. 2014 – June 2018.
Academic: Lecturer at ECE department / Faculty of Engineering from April 2018 – June 2018. Assistant Lecturer / Assistant Chief Network Engineer at ECE department / Faculty of Engineering from Feb 2015 – April 2018. Teaching Subjects are (Academic English 1st stage 2015, Network Lab 4th stage 2015, Network 4th stage and Communication systems 3rd stage, English I 3rd stage 2018, Network Lab 4th stage 2018).
For more information: http://staff.uokufa.edu.iq/en/profile.html?haider.alkim
Research: Currently, I am a research assistant at Coding and Cryptography (COD). I was supervising two bachelor students whose theses are "Implementing Coding Algorithms for Memory with Partial Defects" and "Joint Errors Considering Partially Stuck Memory Positions" from TUM Asia. Furthermore, I was supervising final stage undergraduate students in the ECE department for Network and telecommunication projects: LTE-A using Femtocells Mobile HetNets 2015-2016, Data Center design for small to medium enterprises (2016-2017), and two more projects for the 4th stage 2017-2018 in ECE department, University of Kufa. Currently, I am supervising a new master's student to work on coding for flash memories. I have also directed more than four master's students in their Haupt-seminars (main seminar).
Research Visit: University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), Communication System Laboratory (CSL), Los Angeles, California, under Professor Wiesel's guidance, August-September 2023.
Supervision: supervised +15 Bachelor and Master students in their theses, mini-projects, and main research seminars.
- Servers Manager- Network and telecommunication department – ITRDC (previously named "Rehabilitation Center for Research & Information") at the University of Kufa from December 2016 to June 2018.
- Senior Network Engineer at ITRDC 2008-2012.
- Cisco Instructor at Cisco Network Academy, regional Al Mansour University (MUC), 2010-2012.
- IT Manager and IC3 lecturer at Al Farabi Center for TOEFL and IC3 2010-2011.
Marketplace: Sales and Marketing experiences and Websites management skills.
- Online marketing manager at (al basher center www.albasheercenter.com, email me firstname.lastname@example.org, 2017-2018.
- An official translator for www.wpgroubuy.com. See the link http://wpgroupbuy.com/support/languages/ next to Arabic. One could find my name Haider Al Kim and my website, 2016.
- Products and services manager (part-time job) for alkafeelomnnea (www.alkafeelomnnea.com) wireless telecom company (Previously, Omnnea), 2008-2012.
- Coding Theory for Storage and Networks CTSN (SS19)
- Coding Theory for Storage and Networks CTSN (SS20)
- Coding Theory for Storage and Networks CTSN (SS21)
- Codes constructions for partially stuck-at memory cell considering correcting additional substitution errors.
- Trading some partially stuck cells with some random errors.
- Polyalphabetic-based mother codes for memories with partial defects.
- Bounds on polyalphabetic codes and partially stuck-at memories codes.
1. Al Kim, Kumbesan Sandrasegaran2, Pantha Ghosal2, Shouman Barua2, “Macro with Pico Cells (HetNets) System Behaviour Using Well-Known Scheduling Algorithms” International Journal of Wireless Mobile Network, IJWMN October 5, 2014, Vol(6), No 5, PP(109-122).
2. Farhana Afroz, Haider Al Kim, Kumbesan Sandrasegaran, “Interference Management in LTE Downlink Networks” International Journal of Wireless Mobile Network, IJWMN February, 2015, Vol(7), No 1, PP(91-106).
3. Ramprasad Subramanian, Pantha Ghosal, Shouman Barua, Shiqi Xing, Sinhlam Cong, Haider Al Kim and Kumbesan Sandrasegaran “ SURVEY OF LTE DOWNLINK SCHEDULERS ALGORITHMS IN OPEN ACCESS SIMULATION TOOLS NS-3 AND LTE-SIM” International Journal of Wireless Mobile Network, IJWMN April 2015, Vol. 7, No. 2, PP (1-16)
4. Haider Al Kim, Ramprasad Subramanian, Farhana Afroz1, Kumbesan Sandrasegaran . “Comparison of Performance of Packet Scheduling Algorithms in LTE-A HetNets”. (Published in Springer under the code WIRE-D-15-00423)
5. Haider Al Kim , Bashar Alathari , “DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS FOR SMALL TO MEDIUM ENTERPRISES' NETWORKS: A CASE STUDY - JABER IBN HAYYAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY (JMU)” , Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences JEAS , November 2017
6. Haider Abdul Hassan Hadi Al Kim, Shouman Barua "Service Level Agreement (SLA) for Cloud Computing Compilation with Common and New Formats"International Journal of Scientific Research and Management (IJSRM), Volume 06, Issue 04, Pages 01-09, May 2018
7. Maghrib Abidalreda Maky Alrammahi, Haider Abdul Hassan Hadi Al Kim " Enhancement and Performance Analysis of VoIP Algorithms in Wireless Networks" , International Journal of Computer Techniques -– Volume 5 Issue 2, Mar – Apr 2018
8. Haider Abdul Hassan Hadi Al Kim, Maghrib Abidalreda Maky Alrammahi, "The Transition from 4G to 5G by Employing Femtocells Proven Through Data Rate, PLR and Delay“, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology (JATIT , e-ISSN 1817-3195 / ISSN 1992-8645). Published 15- October 2018.
9. H. Al Kim, S. Puchinger, L. Tolhuizen, and A. Wachter-Zeh, “Coding and Bounds for Partially Defective Memory Cells,” in the journal Design, Code and Cryptography, 2023.
1. H. Al Kim, S. Puchinger, and A. Wachter-Zeh, “Error Correction for Partially Stuck Memory Cells,” International Symposium on Problems of Redundancy in Information and Control Systems 2019, Oct. 2019, Moscow, Russia.
2. H. Al Kim, S. Puchinger, and A. Wachter-Zeh, “Bounds and Code Constructions for Partially Defect Memory Cells,” International Workshop on ALGEBRAIC and COMBINATORIAL CODING THEORY ACCT 2020, October 11-17, 2020, BULGARIA.
3. H. Al Kim, S. Puchinger, and A. Wachter-Zeh, “Coding and Bounds for Partially Defect Memory Cells ,” the 12th Non-Volatile Memories Workshop (NVMW'21) at the University of California, San Diego.
4. P. B. Duong, B. Ghimire, K. Dietmayer, S. U. Ali, H. Al Kim and J. Seitz, "Supervised Machine Learning Assisted Hybrid Positioning Based on GNSS and 5G," 2022 IEEE 12th International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), Beijing, China, 2022, pp. 1-8, doi: 10.1109/IPIN54987.2022.9918098.
5. H. Al Kim and K. Jie Chan, "Codes for Preventing Zeros at Partially Defective Memory Positions," 2022 IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW), Mumbai, India, 2022, pp. 297-302, doi: 10.1109/ITW54588.2022.9965909.
6. Yonatan Yehezkeally, Haider Al Kim, Sven Puchinger and Antonia Wachter-Zeh, "Bounds on Mixed Codes with Finite Alphabets," 2023 IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW2023), 23-28 April 2023, Saint-Malo, France.
7. H. Al Kim, S. Puchinger, L. Tolhuizen, and A. Wachter-Zeh, “Trading Partially Stuck Cells with Errors,” (nominated as a candidate for "Memorable Award Paper"), the 14th Non-Volatile Memories Workshop (NVMW'23) at the University of California, San Diego.
8. H. Al Kim and V. Sidorenko, “Codes for Memory Cells with Unreachable Levels,” (accepted in) International Symposium on Problems of Redundancy in Information and Control Systems 2023, 24-25 Oct. 2023, Moscow, Russia.
All my academic and research accounts
1- Technical University of Munich : https://www.ei.tum.de/en/lnt/people/doctoral-researchers/alkim/
2- The site of the new University of Kufa http://staff.uokufa.edu.iq/en/profile.html?haider.alkim
3- Elearning uokufa elearning.uokufa.edu.iq/moodle/eng/user/view.php
1. Google Scholar https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=BfLBPOsAAAAJ&hl=en_US
2. Research Gate as follows https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Haider_Al_Kim
3. Research ID as follows http://www.researcherid.com/rid/E-2392-2018
Other links related to scientific research and biography:
1- ORCID at https://orcid.org/0000-0002-2429-1565
2. LinkedIn as follows https://www.linkedin.com/in/haider-al-kim-b4768a53
3. Scopus ID by link https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=57196002823