Shangding Gu, M.Sc.
85748 Garching b. München
|appointment by email
I am a Ph.D. Candidate at the Chair of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Real-time Systems, under the supervision of Prof. Alois Knoll. My research currently focuses on developing artificial intelligence methods and models, with a special interest in exploring the theory of safe reinforcement learning and motion planning, and its application in robotics, in which the goal is to enable robots to know how to learn, reason and plan, and enable robots to work in support of people.
- Safe/Robust Reinforcement Learning; Reinforcement Learning Theory; AI Safety.
- Motion Planning; Autonomous Driving; Robotics (e.g., arm robotics and marine robotics).
Safe Reinforcement Learning Workshop
We organized a safe reinforcement learning workshop, the researchers and students who are interested in safe RL are welcome to join us! The recorded videos are available on YouTube's Safe RL Channel, please see the YouTube Channel or Workshop Homepage.
Safe Reinforcement Learning Online Seminar
In December 2022, we launched a long-term safe reinforcement learning online seminar. Every month, we will invite at least one speaker to share cutting-edge research with RL researchers and students (each speaker has about 1 hour to share his/her research). We believe that holding this seminar can promote the research of safe reinforcement learning. For details, please see the Seminar Homepage.
Offered Thesis Topics
- Topic 1: Safe Multi-Agent Reinforcement Learning with Control Theory
- Topic 2: Trusted Reinforcement Learning
- Topic 3: Multi-Robot Navigation
Ongoing Master Thesis Topics:
- Stability analysis of safe reinforcement learning
- A safe reinforcement learning method based on control theory
- Privacy Risk Analysis for Synthetic Data
Finished Guided Research topic:
- A safe multi-agent reinforcement learning algorithm in robotics applications
If you are interested in the above topics, please feel free to contact me indicating your background and skills.
Academic Service as a Reviewer
As a reviewer for some international conferences and journals:
- ICML, NeurIPS, ICLR, AAAI, ICRA, IROS, AAMAS, ICARM
- Journal of Machine Learning Research
- IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Vehicles
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Artificial Intelligence
- IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems
- IEEE Access
- Journal of Navigation
- Ocean Engineering
- Applied Ocean Research
- Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment
- Intelligent Automation & Soft Computing, etc.