Nao is an autonomous, programmable humanoid robot developed by Aldebaran Robotics, a company headquartered in Paris. Its features include:
- Height: 58cm
- Weight: from 4.3 kg
- Term: 60 minutes (full activity), 90 minutes (under normal conditions)
- Degrees of freedom: 21 to 25
- CPU: Intel Atom @ 1.6 GHz
- Operating system: Linux
- Programming platforms: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
- Image sensors: Two HD 1280x960 cameras
- Data connection: Ethernet, Wi-Fi
- Sensors: 4 ultrasonic sensors, an inertial sensor, pressure sensors in the feet
At ICS, we have 17 robots available for teaching and learning. If you want to see them in action, take one of our courses or check the news for upcoming events.
NAO's in public
We had the opportunity to show some of our NAOs at the Kunstareal Festival in Munich on May 10th, 2015 and in June 2017. In the demonstration 2015, in addition to dancing ("Tai-Chi-Bots"), we also presented their cognitive abilities, where one NAO had to recognize different shapes and draw them onto a piece of paper. In 2017, we also showed a Nao equipped with our robot skin and of course the dancing of Tai-Chi and Gangman-Style.
The next Kunstarealfestival is in July 2019. We will demonstrate the Naos at the Pinakothek der Moderne on Sunday, July 14.