Welcome to the Learning Systems and Robotics (LSY) Lab!
Welcome to the Learning Systems and Robotics Lab at the Technical University of Munich. The group is led by Prof. Angela Schoellig.
Our research is motivated by the vision of a seamless interaction of robotic systems with the physical world. In particular, our research interests are centred around the challenges associated with robots operating in increasingly unstructured, uncertain and changing environments, and over long periods of time. These situations challenge current robot designs, which rely on knowing the specifics of the environment and task ahead of time in order to operate safely and efficiently.
We address this problem by drawing ideas from controls, machine learning and optimization. We believe that the next generation of robot algorithms will combine a-priori information about the robot and its environment with data collected during operation.
Our research projects fall into two categories:
- developing novel robot control and learning algorithms that enable single and multi-robot systems to operate safely and effectively in real-world application scenarios, and
- working in interdisciplinary teams on robot applications to various challenging problems.
LSY is currently considering Masters, PhD and postdoc applicants for the following projects:
- Safe and Robust Robot Learning
- Perception-based Control in Unknown Environments
- Mobile Manipulation
- Robotic Swarms
- Ultra-Wideband (UWB) Localization
If you are interested in joining us, please fill out the form: Application Form
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Affiliated Labs and Organizations: