Mingchuan Zhou, Dr. rer.nat.
Room: MI 03.07.042
Address: Institut für Informatik IV Technische Universität München Boltzmannstraße 3 85748 Garching bei München, Germany
Office Hours: Tuesday/Thursdays 15:00-17:00
My research interests mainly focus on Autonomous System & Robotic Vision & Deep Learning in Medical & Agricultural Robotics domain. If you are interested in the these topics, please feel free to contact me.
- (2019.12 - present) Research Associate, Helmholtz Zentrum München and Technische Universität München, Germany
- (2015.10 - present) Research Assistant, Institut für Informatik VI, Technische Universität München, Germany
- (2019.10 - 2019.10) Visiting Scholar, Laboratory for Computational Sensing and Robotics, Johns Hopkins University, USA
- (2015.06 - 2015.06) System Engineer, DJI, China
- (2012.09 - 2015.03) M.Eng. in Agricultural Mechanization Engineering, Zhejiang University, China
- (2008.09 - 2012.06) B.Eng. in Agricultural Mechanization Engineering, Northeast Agricultural University, China
- ZJU100 Young Professor 2021
- 3rd Place & Golden Prize for 6th China International "Internet+" Competition 2020
- IEEE-ICRA RAS Travel Grant in IEEE & RAS 2019
- NVIDIA GPU Grant (TiTan Xp) in NVIDIA Corporation 2018
- Finalist of Best Conference Paper Award in IEEE-ROBIO 2017
- Outstanding Graduate of Zhejiang Province and Zhejiang University 2015
- Twice of China National Scholarship Recipient 2010 & 2014
1 fully funded PostDoc position (2-3 years) and 2 fully funded Ph.D positions (3-5 years) in College of Biosystems Engineering and Food Science at Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China.
- Agricultural and Biomedical Robotics.
- Multiscale Robotic Manipulation.
- Robotic Vision based Control.
Ph.D positions reqiurements:
- Bacholer or Master in Robotics & CS & EE & ME & Physics or related major.
- Good English skills and strong research motivation.
Please contact me for details if you are interested in. Zhejiang University offers attractive and international study environment. Some details regarding applicants can be found here (http://iczu.zju.edu.cn/english).
Bachelor, Master Thesis
- Topic 1: Cooperative Control Algorithm Design for Ophthalmic Microsurgical Robot.
- Topic 2: The Needle Detection and Reconstruction Based on OCT image with GPU Acceleration.
- Topic 3: ICP(iterative closest point) Algorithm for Incomplete Needle Point Cloud Matching with CAD Model.
- Topic 4: Genetic Algorithm for Hard Real-time Thermal-aware Scheduling on Hardware Platform.
- Topic 5: The Needle Detection and Reconstruction Based on Convolutional Neural Network (CNN).
- Topic 6: Machine Learning for the Ophthalmic Surgical Robot Path Planning under Optical Coherence Tomography Image Navigation.
- Topic 7: High Precision Stereo Tracking System Design – Microsurgical Tools for Ophthalmic Surgery.
- Simeon Mahov: Real-time Controller Design for Ophthalmic Micro-surgical Robot.(Master Thesis)
- Prashant Kumar: Needle-tip Recognition and Segmentation for Subretinal injection in OCT images with CNN.(Master Thesis)
- Anh Tuan Pham: The Needle Detection and Reconstruction Based on OCT image with GPU Acceleration.(Bachelor Thesis)
- Xiaoting Qi: Performace Enhancement using Sensor Data Fusion for a Localization System based on Ultra Wideband.(Master Thesis)
- Ankit Gupta: The Retina Surface Reconstruction from Real-time Intraoperative Optical Coherence Tomography (i-OCT) Images.(Master Thesis. May 2017)
- Simon Schlegl: The Needle Detection and Reconstruction Based on Convolutional Neural Network (CNN).(Bachelor Thesis. Mar 2017)
- Clemens Zuck: Augment Reality for Subretinal Injection with Intraoperative Optical Coherence Tomography (i-OCT) Images.(Bachelor Thesis. Jul 2017)
- Manuel Dellantonio: Genetic Algorithm for Hard Real-time Thermal-aware Scheduling on Hardware Platform.(Bachelor Thesis. Jul 2017)
- Ramona Schneider: Needle Reconstruction Based on Deep Learning.(Master Thesis. Nov. 2017)
- Anna Baumeister: Ophthalmic Surgical Robot Path Planning for Subretinal Injection using V-rep.(Bachelor Thesis. Dec 2017)
- Mahdi Hamad: Ophthalmic Surgical Robot Hand-Eye Calibration with Intraoperative Optical Coherence Tomography (i-OCT) Images.(Master Thesis. Feb 2018)
- Mohamad Ayad: Robot Learns Ophthalmic Surgery based on micro stereo vision system.(Master Thesis. Jun 2018)
Teaching and Experience
- Robot-assisted Surgery in Clinics (WS 2016)
- Robot-assisted Surgery in Clinics (SS 2017)
- Robot-assisted Surgery in Clinics (WS 2017)
- Robot-assisted Surgery in Clinics (SS 2018)
- -IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (IEEE-ICRA)
- -IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IEEE-IROS)
- -International Conference on Information Processing in ComputerAssisted Interventions (IPCAI)
- -IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (IEEE-RA-L)
- -IEEE Access
- -Annals of Biomedical Engineering (ABME)
- -International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery (IJCARS)
- -IEEE International Symposium on Medical Robotics (IEEE-ISMR)
- -IEEE International Conference on Cyborg and Bionic Systems (IEEE-CBS)
- -IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics (T-MECH)
- -IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (TASE)